Home » » Letras - For LP Fans Only

Letras - For LP Fans Only

That's All Right (Mama) (Arthur Crudup) - Well, that's all right, mama / That's all right for you / That's all right mama, just anyway you do / Well, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / Mama she done told me, / Papa done told me too / 'Son, that gal your foolin' with, / She ain't no good for you' / But, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / I'm leaving town, baby / I'm leaving town for sure / Well, then you won't be bothered with / Me hanging 'round your door / Well, that's all right, that's all right. / That's all right now mama, anyway you do / (Unichappel Music / Grudup Music, BMI) 1:55 - Data de gravação: 5 de julho de 1954 - Local: Sun Records.

Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Lloyd Price) - Well lawdy, lawdy, lawdy miss clawdy / Girl you sure look good to me / But please don't excite me baby / I know it can't be me / Well as a girl you want my money / Yeah but you just won't treat me right / You like to ball every morning / Don't come home till late at night / Oh gonna tell, tell my mama / Lord, I swear girl what you been to me / I'm gonna tell everybody that I'm down in misery / So bye, bye, bye, baby / Girl, I won't be comin' no more / Goodbye little darlin' down the road I'll go / So, bye, bye, bye baby / Girl, I won't be comin' no more / Goodbye little darlin' down the road I'll go / (ATV Music Co, BMI) 2:08 - Data de gravação: 03 de fevereiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

Mystery Train (H. Parker - S. Philips) - Train I ride, sixteen coaches long / Train I ride, sixteen coaches long / Well that long black train got my baby and gone / Train train, comin' 'round, 'round the bend / Train train, comin' 'round the bend / Well it took my baby, but it never will again (no, not again) / Train train, comin' down, down the line / Train train, comin' down the line / Well it's bringin' my baby, 'cause she's mine all, all mine / (She's mine, all, all mine) / (Unichappel Music / Hi Lo Music, BMI) : - Data de gravação: 11 de julho de 1955 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

Playing For Keeps (Kesler) - I'm playin' for keeps / This time it's real / And I want you to know / Exactly how I feel / I'm playin' for keeps / I'm sure this time / And I won't be happy / Until I know you're mine / There have been others / That could love me true / But no one else can thrill me like you do / I'm playin' for keeps / Oh love me too / Oh, don't make me sorry / That I fell in love with you / There have been others / That could love me true / But no one else can thrill me like you do / I'm playin' for keeps / Oh love me too / Oh, don't make me sorry / That I fell in love with you / (Hi Lo Music, BMI) 2:50 - Data de gravação: 1 de setembro de 1956 - Local: Radio Recorders, Hollywood.

Poor Boy (Vera Matson - Elvis Presley) - They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Ain't got a crust, ain't got a cent / Can't buy a jug, can't pay the rent / I got a heartfull of dreams / And a lot of memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Can't buy a house, can't buy a lot / Ain't got a bean, I ain't got a pot / But what I got is a heartfull of / Love and memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like you / Don't have a pig, don't have a cow / I don't have a horse to pull a plow / But what I got is a heartfull of / Love and memories / And that's enough for me / They call me poor boy, poor boy, poor boy / But I ain't lonesome and I ain't blue / 'Cause I could never be a poor boy / As long as I’ve got a dolly like / I’ve got a dolly like / I’ve got a dolly like you. (Elvis Presley Music, BMI) 2:13 - Data de gravação: 24 de agosto de 1956 - Local: 20th Century Fox Stage 1, Hollywood.

My Baby Left Me (Arthur Crudup) - Yes my baby left me, / never said a word. / Was it something I done, / something that she heard? / My baby left me, / my baby left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Now I stand at my window, / wring my hands and cry. / I hate to lose that woman, / hate to say goodbye / You know she left me, / yes, she left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Baby, one of these mornings, / Lord, it won't be long, / You'll look for me and, / Baby, and daddy he'll be gone / You know you left me, / you know you left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / Now, I stand at my window, / wring my hands and moan. / All I know is that / the one I love is gone / My baby left me, / you know she left me. / My baby even left me, / never said a word / (Unichappel Music / Grudup Music, BMI) 2:11 - Data de gravação: 30 de janeiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

Shake, Rattle and Roll (Calhoun) - Well get out of that bed, wash your face and hands / Get out of that bed, wash your face and hands / Well get in that kitchen / Make some noise with the pots and pans / I believe it to my soul you're the devil in nylon hose / I believe it to my soul you're the devil in nylon hose / For the harder I work the faster my money goes / Well I said shake, rattle and roll I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / Shake rattle and roll / I'm like the one-eyed cat peeping in a seafood store / I'm like the one-eyed cat peeping in a seafood store / Well I can look at you tell you ain't no child no more / I believe you're doing me wrong and now I know / I believe you're doing me wrong and now I know / 'Cause the harder I work the faster my money goes / Well I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / Play it again / I went over the hill, way down underneath / I went over the hill, way down underneath / You make me roll my eyes / And then you make me grit my teeth / Well I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / I said shake, rattle and roll / I said shake rattle and roll / Well you won't do right / To save your doggone soul / (Unichappel Music, BMI) 2:37 - Data de gravação: 03 de fevereiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, NY.

I Was The One (Schroeder - Demetruis - Blair - Peppers) - I was the one who taught her to kiss / The way that she kisses you now / And you know the way she touches your cheek / Well, I taught her how / I was the one who taught her to cry / When she wants you under her spell. / The sight of her tears drives you out of your mind, / I taught her so well. / And then one day / I had my love as perfect as could be. / She lived, she loved, she laughed, she cried, / And it was all for me. / I'll never know who taught her to lie / Now that it's over and done / Who learned the lesson when she broke my heart? / I was the one. / And then one day / I had my love as perfect as could be / She lived, she loved, she laughed, she cried, / And it was all for me. / I'll never know who taught her to lie. / Now that it's over and done, / Who learned the lesson when she broke my heart? / I was the one. / (Cheppel e Co, Inc / Rachel's Own, ASCAP) 2:33 - Data de gravação: 11 de janeiro de 1956 - Local: RCA Studios, Nashville.

You're a Heartbreaker (J. Sallee) - You're a heartbreaker, / You're a love faker / A heartbreaker playing with fire / You're a tear snatcher / You're a quarrel patcher / But you can't break my heart anymore / For I just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / You're a smooth talker / You're a real cool walker / But now you have talked out of turn / You're a high stepper / You're a eye-catcher / But you won't catch my glances anymore / For I just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / You're a heart breaker / You're a love faker / A heartbreaker playing with fire / You're a tear snatcher / You're a quarrel patcher / But you can't break my heart anymore / For I've just found someone else who's sure to take your place / Someone I can always trust and to fill this empty space / You're a heartbreaker / You're a love faker / But you can't break my heart anymore / (Hi'Lo Music, BMI) 2:12 - Data de gravação: Dezembro de 1954 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (S. Kesler - W. Taylor) - Well, you're right, I'm left, she's gone. / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, you tried to tell me so / But how was I to know / That she was not the one for me? / You told me all along / You're right, our love was so wrong / But now I changed my mind, / Because she broke the ties that bind, / And I know that she never cared for me. / Well, I thought I knew just what she'd do / I guess I'm not so smart / Oh, you tried to tell me along she'd only break my heart / I'm left, you're right, she's gone / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, she's gone I know not where / But now I just don't care / For now I'm falling for you / If you'll forgive me now / I'll make it up somehow / So happy we will be / In a home just for three / And I'll soon forget her / Now I know / Well, I thought I knew just what she'd do / I guess I'm not so smart / You tried to tell me all along / She'd only break my heart / Well, you're right, I'm left, she's gone / You're right, and I'm left all alone / Well, she's gone, I know not where / But now I just don't care / For now I've fallen for you / (HI LO Music, BMI) 2:36 - Data de gravação: 5 de março de 1955 - Local: Sun Records, Memphis.

Compilação: Pablo Aluísio.

2 comentários:

  1. Pablo:

    Eu,assim como você, adoro o trabalho de ator do Elvis em King Creole, mas o Elvis é ator mesmo, no nível de um Marlon Brando, no filme Flaming Star, que por coincidência o personagem do Elvis no filme havia sido escrito para o Marlon Brando, que por algum motivo não pode aceitar. Eu acho isso inspirou o Elvis que parecendo possuído faz um trabalho fantástico; perdeu até seus maneirismos característicos de Elvis se transformando inteiramente no personagem. Pena que esse filme é pouco conhecido.



    ResponderExcluir
  2. Verdade Serge. Também gosto bastante de "Estrela de Fogo" mas ainda fico com "Balada Sangrenta" em termos de atuação uma vez que seu personagem era bem mais próximo de sua imagem de roqueiro rebelde na época. Mesmo assim vale a lembrança de "Flaming Star" - ainda falaremos bastante desse filme aqui no blog quando chegar sua hora. Abraços, Pablo Aluísio.

    ResponderExcluir

Postagem em destaque

Elvis News - Elvis: A Life In Music / Um Grammy para Jailhouse Rock / Novos CDs / Robbie Williams e Elvis

Elvis: A Life In Music - Está sendo lançado em países de língua alemã o famoso livro escrito por Ernst Jorgensen intitulado "Elvis: ...

Pesquisar este blog

 
Copyright ©
Created By Sora Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates