Home » , » Elvis Presley - On Stage, February 1970 (Letras)

Elvis Presley - On Stage, February 1970 (Letras)

See See Rider (Elvis Presley) - I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / hear what I say / Well, I'm going away, baby / And I won't be back to fall / Well, I'm going away baby / And I won't be back to fall / And if I find me a good girl / I won't, I won't be back at all / Hear what I say, / I said see, see see rider, / Oh see what you have done / Yeah, yeah, yeah / I Said See, see see rider, / Oh see what you have done / Yeah, yeah, yeah / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / I said see, see, see rider / Oh, see what you have done / Oh girl, you made me love you / Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone / hear what I say / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see, see, see rider / I said see... / (BMI) 2:28 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Release Me (Stevenson - Miller) - Oh Yeah, You Like, Please play hard now / Oh please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / I have found a new love dear / And I will always want her near / Her lips are warm while yours are cold / Oh, oh, oh, Release me, my darling let me go / Oh Please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / Oh Please release me, let me go / For I just don't love you anymore / To waste our lives would be a sin / Oh, oh, oh, Release me and let me love again / Let me go, oh release me, my darling / Let me go / (BMI) 3:48 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond) - Where it began, I can't begin to know when / But then I know it's growing strong / Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo / And spring became the summer / Who'd believe you'd come along / Hands, touching hands, reaching out / Touching me, touching you / Oh, sweet Caroline / Good times never seem so good / I made him climb to believe it never would / And now I, I look at the night, whooo / And it don't seem so lonely / We fill it up with only two, oh / And when I hurt / Hurting runs off my shoulder / How can I hurt when holding you / Oh, one, touching one, reaching out / Touching me, touching you / Oh, sweet Caroline / Good times never seem so good / Oh I made him climb to believe it never would / Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good / (ASCAP) 2:55 - Data de gravação: 16 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Runaway (Del Shannon) - As I walk along I wonder / What went wrong with our love / Love that was so strong / And as I still walk by / I think off the times we had together / While our hearts were young / I'm a-walking in the rain / Hear it falling, / And I feel the pain / Wishing you were here by me / To end this misery / And I wonder / Why / You went away / Yes, I wonder, where you will stay / My little runaway, / Run, run, run, run, runaway / I'm a-walking in the rain / Hear it falling, / And I feel the pain / Wishing you were here by me / To end this misery / And I wonder / Why / You went away / Yes, I wonder, where you will stay / My little runaway, / Run, run, run, run, runaway / (BMI) 3:05 - Data de gravação: agosto de 1969 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

The Wonder of You (Baker Knight) - When no-one else can understand me / When everything I do is wrong / You give me hope and consolation / You give me strength to carry on / And you're always there to lend a hand / In everything I do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / And when you smile the world is brighter / You touch my hand and I'm a king / Your kiss to me is worth a fortune / Your love for me is everything / I'll guess I'll never know the reason why / You love me like you do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / I'll guess I'll never know the reason why / You love me like you do / That's the wonder / The wonder of you / (BMI) 3:11 - Data de gravação: 18 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Polk Salad Annie (Tony Joe White) - Some of you all never been down South too much... / I' gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about / Down there we have a plant that grows out in the woods and the fields, / and it looks something like a turnip green. / Everybody calls it Polk salad. Now that's Polk salad. / Used to know a girl that lived down there and she'd go out in the evenings to pick a mess of it... / Carry it home and cook it for supper, 'cause that's about all they had to eat, But they did all right. / Down in Louisiana / Where the alligators grow so mean / Lived a girl that I swear to the world / Made the alligators look tame / Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got your granny / Everybody said it was a shame / For the mama was working on the chain-gang / What a mean, vicious woman / Everyday before suppertime / She'd go down by the truck patch / And pick her a mess of Polk salad / And carry it home in a tote sack / Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got you granny / Everybody said it was a shame / 'Cause the mama was working on the chain-gang / Whoo, how wretched, dispiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, / Lord have mercy. / Sock a little Polk salad to him / Yeah, you know what, yeah, yeah / But daddy was a lazy and a no-count / Claimed he had a bad back / All her brothers were fit for / Was stealing watermelons out of my truck / For once Polk salad Annie / 'Gators got your granny / Everybody said it was a shame / For the mama was working on the chain-gang / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / You sock a little / Hey, hey, hey, yeah, yeah / Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon / Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / Sock a little Polk salad to him / You know what meets a meal mention / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / Chinc, chinc, chinc, chin, ling, ling ling / (BMI) 4:40 - Data de gravação: 19 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Yesterday (John Lennon - Paul McCartney) - Yesterday, / All my troubles seemed so far away / Now it looks as though they're here to stay / Oh I believe in yesterday / Suddenly / I don't have the laugh / I used to weep / There's a shadow hanging over me / Oh, yesterday, came suddenly / Why'd she have to go / I don't know, she wouldn't say / I said something wrong / Now I long for yesterday / Yesterday / Love was such an easy game to play / Now I need a place to hide away / Oh, I believe in yesterday / Why'd she have to go / I don't know, she wouldn't say / I said something wrong / Now I long for yesterday / Yesterday / Love was such an easy game to play / Now I need a place to hide away / Oh, I believe in yesterday / (BMI) 3:15 - Data de gravação: agosto de 1969 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Proud Mary (John Fogerty) - Left a good job in the city / Workin' for the man every night and day / Haven't ever lost one minute of sleeping / Worried about the way things might have been / A big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin, rollin, rollin on a river / If you come down to the river / I betcha you're gonna find some people who live / You don't have to worry / 'Cause you have no money / People along the river are happy to give / I said a big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin', rollin', rollin' on a river / If you come down to the river / I betcha you're gonna find some people who live / You don't have to worry / 'Cause you have no money / People along the river are happy to give / I said a big wheel keeps on turnin' / Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin', rollin' / Rollin' on a river / Rollin', rollin', rollin' on a river / (BMI) 3:10 - Data de gravação: 16 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Walk a Mile in My Shoes (Joe South) - If I could be you, if you could be me / For just one hour, if we could find a way / To get inside each other's mind / If you could see you through my eyes / Instead your own ego I believe you'd be / I believe you'd be surprised to see / That you've been blind / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Now if we spend the day / Throwin' stones at one another / 'Cause I will think, 'cause I will think / To wear my hat the same way you do / Well, I may be common people / But I'm your brother / And when you strike out / You're tryin' to hurt me / It's hurtin' you, Lord how mercy / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Now there are people on reservations / And out in the ghetto / And whether they're for the grace of God / Or you and I, / If I only had wings of a little angel / Don't you know, I'd fly / To the top of a mountain / And then I'd cry, cry, cry / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / Walk a mile in my shoes / walk a mile in my shoes / Before you abuse, criticize and accuse / Then walk a mile in my shoes / (BMI) 3:16 - Data de gravação: 19 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Let It Be Me (Curtis - Delanoe - Becaud) - God bless the day I found you / I want to stay around you / And so I beg you / Let it be me / Don't take this heaven from one / If you must cling to someone / Now and forever / Let it be me / Each time we meet love, / I find complete love / Without your sweet love / Tell me, what would life be? / So never leave me lonely / Tell me you love me only / And that you'll always / Let it be me / Each time we meet love, / I find complete love / Without your sweet love / Tell me, what would life be? / So never leave me lonely / Tell me you love me only / And that you'll always / Let it be me / And that you'll always / Let it be me / (ASCAP) 4:29 - Data de gravação: 17 de fevereiro de 1970 - Local: International Hotel Showroom, Las Vegas.

Compilação: Pablo Aluísio.

7 comentários:

  1. Elvis Presley - Pablo Aluísio
    Letras do álbum On Stage, February 1970
    Todos os direitos reservados.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Pablo, o nome correto não é ´C.C. Rider?

    E a letra não seria?

    C.C. Rider

    Well now see, C.C. Rider
    well now see, what you have done.


    Well now see, C.C. Rider
    Well now see, what you have done.

    Trudução:
    CC Rider

    Bem, agora veja, CC Rider
    Bem, agora vejo, o que você tem feito.


    Bem, agora veja, CC Rider
    Bem, agora vejo, o que você tem feito




    Well you made me love you man,
    Now your man has come.
    Well I see.


    I'm goin', goin' away now baby
    and I won't be back till fall,
    I'm goin' goin' goin' goin' goin away now baby
    and I won't be back till fall,
    Till might find me a good girl
    might not be comin' back at all.
    Well now see


    If I'm goin', goin' away now baby
    and I won't be back till fall,
    I'm goin' goin' goin' goin' goin away now baby
    and I won't be back till fall,
    Till might find me a good girl
    and might not be comin' back at all.
    Well now see


    Well now see., C. C. Rider,
    Well now see., C. C. Rider,
    Well now see., C. C. Rider,
    Well now see., C. C. Rider,
    Well now see., C. C. Rider,
    Well now see., C. C. rider,
    Well now see., C. C. rider,
    well now see, you done girl.


    Well now see, c. c. rider,
    Well now see, what you have done.
    Well you made me love you man,
    Now your man has come baby.



    ResponderExcluir
  3. É que o C.C. Rider seria uma pessoa e está se falando com ele na música.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. O certo é C.C. Rider.
    Por isso quando analisei as canções usei a expressão certa.
    O problema é que alguns álbuns de Elvis erram e usam o nome See See Rider, por essa razão quando resolvi colocar a letra aqui usei a outra denominação (mesmo sendo errada). No mais, em relação à letra da canção suas observações também estão corretas. Obrigado por colocar a letra por aqui.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. O Elvis trocava muito as letras da músicas mesmo que as frases perdessem um pouco do sentido com nesta C.C. Rider.

    Na música My Way, por exemplo, o Elvis dizia "To say the WORDS he truly feels " em vez de "To say the THINGS he truly feels" que é o correto. Até os covers cantam errado; é engraçado.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Elvis tinha problema com letras.
    Geralmente esquecia as mais complexas, as mais bem elaboradas.
    No caso de "My Way" ele chegava a levar uma folha com a letra para o palco. Nem assim conseguia acertar, na maioria das vezes...

    ResponderExcluir

Postagem em destaque

Elvis News - Elvis: A Life In Music / Um Grammy para Jailhouse Rock / Novos CDs / Robbie Williams e Elvis

Elvis: A Life In Music - Está sendo lançado em países de língua alemã o famoso livro escrito por Ernst Jorgensen intitulado "Elvis: ...

Pesquisar este blog

 
Copyright ©
Created By Sora Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates